- Product Description
These Christmas themed math problems will keep your students engaged in learning during the holiday season! Easy to plan and implement as an activity for the whole class, small groups, or as enrichment. Maintain the rigor of your math class while incorporating the fun of the holidays!
This set of high interest and challenging math problems incorporate critical thinking, problem solving skills, breaking down a problem into smaller parts and communicating math ideas.
The math problems are "Fermi Math" types of questions. A Fermi math problem is a multi-step problem involving large numbers that can be solved in a variety of ways. Students will need to use estimation, rounding, planning, formulas, and organization skills to work their way towards an answer.
- Christmas lights and the circumference of the Earth
- Gifts for every child in the world packed into Santa's sleigh
- Candy canes and reindeer
- Walking from your home to the North Pole
- Illustrated and colorful question sheet
- Helpful hints sheet
- Student planning and recording sheets
- Bonus question that builds on the original question
Suggested answers and the process to solve each problem are also included for each question.
You may also be interested in my:
Follow me and be notified when new products are added to my store. New products are always 50% off for the first 24 hours they are posted!