These number mats are a valuable tool in the classroom – not only as an interactive activity to engage young learners but also as an assessment tool for number. They are perfect as a whole class activity or for small groups. Because they are open-ended, you can differentiate for each student.
The pack includes:
• 4 x black and white copies
• 4 x mats that focus on writing the number, tallying the number, making groups of the number and representing the number on a tens frame
• 4 x mats that focus on writing the number, drawing groups of the number (ie 5 suns), numbers that come before and after and representing the number on a tens frame
• 4 x mats that focus on writing the number, 10 more than/10 less than, number bonds and representing numbers using blocks
• 4 x mats that focus on 10 more than/10 less than, representing numbers on a tens frame (to 100), representing numbers using 1s and 10s blocks and number bonds
2 x sets of number cards from 0 – 20 (blue and yellow options)
• 2 x sets of number cards from 0 – 20 (blue and yellow options)
I recommend you print out the required number of mats and laminate them for ongoing use.
Each student will need:
• One number mat
• 4 – 5 number cards (choose the appropriate level for each student)
• 1s and 10s blocks
How To Use This Product:
Students place a number card in the middle of the board and represent that number in different ways.
When they have represented the number in all four ways, they choose a different number or a different mat.
Check out my other great products in my store.
Collect TPT credits when you leave feedback on my products!
Follow Little Wombats on Facebook