This resource has 25 pages of community helpers-themed open math problems.
These open math problems were created using the Ontario Grade 1 Curriculum as a guideline. Several pages also coincide with the Ontario Kindergarten expectations.
Open Math Problems are useful for differentiation and make excellent three-part math lessons as a variety of possible answers lead to rich sharing sessions.
- representing numbers, 1-to-1 correspondence
- skip counting
- addition and subtraction (including algebra)
- sharing equally (division and fractions concepts)
- repeating patterns
- choices of units for measurement
- time to the half hour
- money (Canadian coins)
Community helpers include:
- grocery clerk
- hockey coach
- yoga instructor
- post officer
Like this resource?
Check out Primary Open Math Problems
- a resource of over 200 pages using Ontario's K-3 math curricula as a guideline! The questions in this packet are unique and are not repeated in my Primary Open Math resource.
I use this resource in guided math and individual conferencing.
Remember to give feedback after your purchases in order to earn TPT points. Use them toward future purchases!