Make teaching Operations and Algebraic Thinking easy and fun for your students and for you! This comprehensive unit gives you materials for teaching 5th grade CCSS standards for ORDER OF OPERATIONS, EQUATIONS AND EXPRESSIONS, and COORDINATE GRAPHING, as well as materials for practice and assessment. There is also a heavy focus on solving word problems! This unit can work well with your current curriculum or be used as a stand alone unit.
Specific skills includes...
1. Understanding and solving problems using Order of Operations (PEMDAS and GEMS)
2. Solving patterns in function tables/in out tables
3. Plotting coordinates on a coordinate graph (Quadrant 1 with extras for all four Quadrants)
4. Solving a variety of word problems
1. Interactive Notebook pieces for the above mentioned skills
2. Detailed teacher directions for teaching with the Interactive Notebook pieces
3. Practice pages for each of the 5th grade CCSS place value standards (Operations and Algebraic Thinking)
4. Partner and Center Games (Order of Operations, Coordinate Graphing, Solving Equations)
5. Task Cards (set of 32 cards)
6. Unit Assessment
7. Answer Keys for all worksheets, task cards, games, and assessments
Please take a look at the preview for a great view of what is included. Games included in this unit are sold separately, but you save by purchasing them with this unit.
I am so excited to share these activities with you! Please make sure that you are following "The Owl Spot" for updates on when other math units are completed. If you have any questions, feel free to contact me.
Remember that your purchase of this math unit is for a single classroom license. If you wish to share with other teachers, please make sure to purchase additional licences, or ask your school about purchasing through the TpT for Schools option.
Happy Teaching! - Martha from "The Owl Spot"