Looking for a great, FUN way to review, reinforce and remember operations with fractions? Why not have your class participate in a faction scavenger hunt?!
This is a game for 1 or more kids in which you print out the cards, laminate for future use, and tape them all over your classroom. The answer sequence has been provided for you, so all you have to do is place students in groups and let the learning begin!
**How to play**
- Tape cards all over your room
- Split students up into equal ability groups (as much as possible)
- Have students start at any one of the numbered cards. They make a loop around themselves, so it doesn't matter where students start
- Students note the CARD NUMBER they are at, solve the problem and find the answer on a DIFFERENT CARD. Then they repeat the process
- Students will know they are "done" when they arrive back at the card they started at,.
- You then check their CARD NUMBER SEQUENCE and can redirect as needed.
**Included are a set of TWENTY unique cards that revisit addition, subtraction, multiplication and division of fractions and mixed numbers. Subtraction with regrouping is also included.
This has been a favorite in my classroom and I play it often during my summer math camps.
On facebook? Follow my blog @ www.facebook.com/mathnspire
Don't forget to take a look at my other products available for upper school math!