My students LOVED this activity. It was a great review of all operations with integers, reviewing the rules for adding/subtracting/multiplying/dividing positive and negative numbers! They really enjoyed using the colored paper, but that is completely optional. Plus, it made some great decorations for my classroom afterwards! :) 20 problems total.
• Make a copy of pages 2-3 for each student/partner (I had them work in partners).
• Print out answer key for yourself
• Students will start with the one that says "start" and then continue adding links until they get to the one that says "the end". They will know if they did it correctly if they use up all 20 strips of paper.
• colored paper for print-outs (or regular printer paper)
• scratch paper/pencil for their work