Opinion Writing. Engage students in a cross-curricular opinion writing activity.
Bring history to life for your students by engaging them in a creative writing, time-travel, cross-curricular activity that helps review concepts taught earlier in the year.
Step-by-step lessons help students review history, develop an opinion with logical support, and practice revising.
This lesson guides students through the entire writing process – and guides students through revision by helping Stu Dent revise his writing. Students practice revising skills on a sample and then apply those skills to their own writing.
This lesson addresses all of the CCSS opinion-piece writing requirements.
This resource includes:
• Daily lesson plans
• A teacher checklist helps you keep track of each student
• Creative writing prompt
• Step-by-step instruction for all phases of the writing process
• Note-taking resources
• Graphic organizers
• Introductory device practice
• Transition and organization practice and revision
• Help with constructing conclusions
• Active revisions – more than just a checklist
• Exit card or journal prompts to help students reflect on their writing
• Self-assessment for the end of the process
• Everything you need to start teaching today! Just add students!
You may also be interested in these resources:
The Cranky Calculator: Math and Expository Writing Raft
Poetry Writing and Analysis: “Hope is the Thing with Feathers”
How Cold Is It? A Creative Writing Lesson in Hyperbole
How to get TPT credit to use on future purchases:
• Please go to your My Purchases
page (you may need to login). Beside each purchase you'll see a Provide Feedback
button. Simply click it and you will be taken to a page where you can give a quick rating and leave a short comment for the product. Each time you give feedback, TPT gives you feedback credits that you use to lower the cost of your future purchases.
I value your feedback! It helps me determine which products are most valuable to you so I can create more for you.
Be the first to know about my new discounts, freebies and products:
• Look for the green star
next to my store logo and click it to become a follower. You will now receive email updates about this store. Thank you!