I just love writing! I think it is so much fun to see what my students choose to write! Also, allowing students to write helps them organize their ideas, so that they can speak about their ideas later.
Common Core Aligned Opinion Writing Activities Include:
→Detailed Table of Contents to help you navigate the file with Common Core
Standards listed.(1 page)
→Who will receive your vote for president?(6 pages)
-Vote for your favorite presidential candidate. Write about why you chose this person and why you did not choose the other candidate.
→What is your favorite season?(8 pages)
- What is your favorite season? What is your least favorite season? Write about
why you like this season. What things do you do for fun during this time of year?
→What is your favorite candy?(4 pages)
- What is your favorite candy? Why do you like it? Does this candy have any
memories attached to it?
→Blank templates to use with any opinion writing activity! (5 pages)
- 2 Opinion Writing pages
1. Write about an idea. For instance, I think that it is not a good idea to make
students go to Summer School. I think it is a good idea to do homework
2. Write about a choice. For instance, I chose Justin Timberlake as my favorite
- These templates can be used for any Opinion Writing activities. I did not want to
limit the writing prompts to just what I thought was interesting. Now, you can
use them as you like! :)