Argumentative essay writing activities - Printable handouts, PowerPoint and digital Google Doc activities - Perfect for Google Classroom and distance learning activities!
Step-by-step activities to write an opinion, persuasive or argumentative essay from start to finish.
Prepare your High School or Middle School students for Common-Core Aligned Argumentative Essay Writing.
Can be taught in one two hour-long session or broken up into 5-10 minute activities or anywhere in between to fit your teaching/intervention schedule.
Specifically catered to ensure students understand all components of interpreting and paraphrasing quotes, can form relevant and evidence supported arguments for a critical lens essay, can paraphrase and analyze evidence and are ready to read a text and write an A+ Opinion Essay response.
Persuasive Prompt: Provide a valid interpretation of the quote, agree or disagree with the quote as you have interpreted it, and support your opinion using specific references to appropriate literary elements from two works of literature you have read from the particular perspective of the quote.
All materials are NO PREP printable and digital activities with easy to follow self-explanatory instructions catered for student-led or teacher-led activities.
- Student Handouts (PDF)
- PowerPoint Slides (.pptx)
- Google Doc
- Opinion writing prompt
- Exemplar sample opinion essay
- Reusable fail-proof "ACEPAPER" writing checklist & rubric
- How To Paraphrase Guide and Practice
- Paraphrase vs. Opinion Guide and Practice
- Reusable opinion writing brainstorm and outline graphic organizers
- Reusable opinion writing template for ANY quote/statement/text
Want 40 persuasive writing activities?
Specifically catered to ensure students understand all components of interpreting and paraphrasing quotes, can form relevant and evidence supported arguments for a critical lens essay, can paraphrase and analyze evidence and are ready to read a text and write an A+ opinion, persuasive or argumentative essay.
YOU MAY ALSO LIKE ;)
- Reading Skills with Short Films
- Literary Analysis Writing with Lyrics
- Comparative Writing with Inspirational Videos
- Bell Ringers: Paraphrase 60 Inspirational Quotes
- Emergency Sub Lesson Plans (ELA)
- No Prep Research Paper Packet: Any Topic
- Social Media Exit Slips for Any Subject
- Social Media Activities for Any Text
- Sports & Hip Hop Articles to Engage Apathetic Students
- Sports & Video-Game Writing Prompts
- Sports & Video-Game Reading Responses for Any Text
- Music as Poetry: Teach Poetry with Any Lyrics
Teach persuasive, argumentative or opinion writing and elaboration practice with ANY inspirational quote - Printable & Digital perfect for distance learning or Google Classroom activities!