Also included in
- Opinion Writing Prompts are a great way to get students motivated to write! Students read printable articles or lists for information and brainstorming their opinion. There is also a link provided where students can read information about the topic on a web-based article. Students then form an opini$7.50$10.00Save $2.50
- April Writing Bundle- NEWLY REVISED WITH A FRESH LOOK AND ADDED RESOURCES! If you own it, download it again for this April!Enjoy a variety of writing activities for upper elementary grades at a discounted price. All of the topics have an April theme and are designed to motivate, educate and diff$7.99$13.45Save $5.46
Opinion Writing: Should you crate your pet?
Who doesn't like their precious pets? April 11th is National Pet Day! Use this cute opinion writing piece to honor the day or use it anytime because children LOVE pets and they can develop strong opinions!
Students read an article with opposing views on whether or not you should crate your pet. There is also a link and QR code to an online article that you can use with the printable article (included) for additional information about the topic. Students form an opinion and write about it referring back to the text! This assignment is great for homework and centers because all of the information is provided.
For technology uses: The whole resource can be sent to students to use on their tablets or it can be placed on a password protected website for student access. The QR code can be scanned to learn additional information.
MOTIVATE: Who doesn't like pets?
EDUCATE: Learn about pet safety. Learn how to form an opinion.
DIFFERENTIATE: A variety of line spacing options. Online vs Printable article.
1. A passage about two opposing views about crating a pet
2. A link and QR code to an online article.
3. An interactive writing notebook page for student note taking
4. Student directions (3 versions)
★ With a QR code and link.
★ Without a QR code and link. - used with the printable article.
★ Without name and due date to use in centers.
5. A large QR Code Page including a clickable link.
6. Final copy templates (3 VERSIONS OF LINE SPACING)
7. Opinion Elements Anchor Chart
8. Hamburger Graphic Organizer
9. Opinion Checklists (Paragraph and Essay)
10. Rubrics (3 verions)
Thank you for visiting my store!
Other April Writing links:
Other opinion writing products:
STEP-BY-STEP WRITING PROGRAMS that motivate reluctants writers AND improves their writing by leaps and bounds!
Are you looking for different products?