Also included in
- Teaching Secondary Writing is now effortless! Perfect for distance learning!$25 OFF!This bundle contains 10 of my top-rated no prep writing guides for an entire year of no prep writing lessons for middle school or high school!Every packet is self-guiding for student-led or teacher-led writing practiPrice $50.00Original Price $75.00Save $25.00
Teach persuasive, argumentative or opinion writing and elaboration practice with inspirational and engaging quotes - Printable & Digital perfect for distance learning or Google Classroom activities!
Persuasive Prompt: Provide a valid interpretation of the quote, agree or disagree with the quote as you have interpreted it, and support your opinion using specific references to appropriate literary elements from two works of literature you have read from the particular perspective of the quote.
TEST PREP is FUN with INSPIRATIONAL QUOTES!
BONUS: All 40 quotes can be used to spark discussion to teach emotional intelligence & social emotional curriculum (SEL) including grit, resilience, self-esteem, mindfulness, empathy, tolerance, etc.
NO PREP: 40 weekly persuasive writing activities (for argumentative writing, critical lens essay, or debate topics) using 40 inspirational quotes.
Perfect for reluctant readers or students with disabilities.
All materials are NO PREP printable and digital activities with easy to follow self-explanatory instructions catered for student-led or teacher-led activities.
- Student Handouts (PDF)
- PowerPoint Slides (.pptx)
- Google Doc
- Opinion writing prompt
- Exemplar sample opinion essay
- Reusable fail-proof "ACEPAPER" writing checklist & rubric
- How To Paraphrase Guide and Practice
- Paraphrase vs. Opinion Guide and Practice
- Reusable opinion writing brainstorm graphic organizers
- Reusable opinion writing template for ANY quote/statement/text
- 40 opinion writing prompts using 40 inspiring quotes
Specifically catered to ensure students understand all components of interpreting and paraphrasing quotes, can form relevant and evidence supported arguments for a critical lens essay, can paraphrase and analyze evidence and are ready to read a text and write an A+ Critical Lens Essay response, otherwise known as Question #28 on the Common-Core Aligned New York State English Regents Exam and the SAT essay.
YOU MAY ALSO LIKE ;)
- Reading Skills with Short Films
- Literary Analysis Writing with Lyrics
- Comparative Writing with Inspirational Videos
- Bell Ringers: Paraphrase 60 Inspirational Quotes
- Emergency Sub Lesson Plans (ELA)
- No Prep Research Paper Packet: Any Topic
- Social Media Exit Slips for Any Subject
- Social Media Activities for Any Text
- Sports & Hip Hop Articles to Engage Apathetic Students
- Sports & Video-Game Writing Prompts
- Sports & Video-Game Reading Responses for Any Text
- Music as Poetry: Teach Poetry with Any Lyrics
Teach persuasive, argumentative or opinion writing using inspirational and engaging quotes - Printable & Digital perfect for distance learning or Google Classroom activities!