Opinion Writing: Is Chocolate Healthy?
Students read an article with opposing views on whether or not chocolate is healthy. There is also a link and QR code to an online article that you can use with the printable article (included) for additional information about the topic. Students form an opinion and write about it referring back to the text! This assignment is great for homework and centers because all of the information is provided.
For technology uses: The whole resource can be sent to students to use on their tablets or it can be placed on a password protected website for student access. The QR code can be scanned to learn additional information.
The printable article is written with a Lexile level of 850. It should be read aloud to students at a lower level.
MOTIVATE: Who doesn't like chocolate?
EDUCATE: Learn about health topics. Learn how to form an opinion.
DIFFERENTIATE: A variety of line spacing options and checklists. Online vs Printable article.
1. A printable passage: Is Chocolate Healthy?
2. A link and QR code to an online article- another resource.
3. An interactive writing notebook page for student note taking
4. Student directions (3 versions)
★ With a QR code and link.
★ Without a QR code and link. - used with the printable article.
★ Without name and due date to use in centers.
5. A large QR Code Page including a clickable link.
6. Final copy templates (3 VERSIONS OF LINE SPACING)
7. Opinion Elements Anchor Chart
8. Opinion Hamburger Graphic Organizer
9. Opinion Checklists (Paragraph and Essay)
10. Opinion Rubrics (3 verions)
Please check the link before having students click on it! It is a health site so other health-related articles may be on the side bar. Some may not be child-friendly. If that is the case, copy the article for them.
Thank you for visiting my store!
Other Chocolate Items:
Other February Items:
Other Opinion Writing Products:
STEP-BY-STEP WRITING PROGRAMS that motivate reluctant writers AND improve writing by leaps and bounds!
Are you looking for different products?