Opinion Writing: This fun opinion writing journal will guide students through the writing process and cover up to 10 weeks of writing plans!!!! It is appropriate for 2nd - 4th graders. Print and teach no prep needed.
Students will write about 5 different topics.
1. What is your favorite game to play with your family or friends?
2. Which season is more enjoyable for you, summer or winter?
3. what is the best animal to have as a pet?
4. If you could choose one rule to eliminate, what would it be?
5. if you could create a reward for getting straight A's on your report card, what would it be?
Included in this packet are five opinion writing projects with:
~Writing Process tools (step-up to writing)
C.O.P.S. editing reminder
Teacher Edit with content and conventions checklist
Final Draft pages with 3 types of lines
A blank set to continue the fun with unique writing topics
~opinion writing graphic organizers
~example filled-in opinion writing graphic organizers
~example opinion writing rough drafts
~example opinion writing revised drafts
~example opinion writing drafts for editing
~opinion writing grading rubric (teacher edit)
~extra blank graphic organizers
This opinion writing packet can be used during writing time, small group instruction, model, shared, and assessment writing and much more! Can be used as single pages or as a booklet. Pick and choose what pages you want to include in you book prior to printing.