In Opinion Writing - Persuading Others to Read a Book, by the2teachers, you will get a 15 page product.
Students will select a favorite book and work through graphic organizers to assist them with each step of the writing process from planning to final copy. The end result is a two paragraph writing piece to persuade others to read a specific book.
- The graphic organizer comes in two formats to assist in differentiating and allows for teachers to create colored overhead transparencies to use during instruction.
- Writers will also have practice using introduction sentences to flip and create a conclusion sentence to better support and strengthen their argument.
- A list of common transition words is provided - with space to add more. This list of transition words acts as a good teaching point for the need to include transition words to improve the style of a writing piece and assist the reader in understanding the writing piece.
- Peers will review the writing of others while scoring the opinion piece using a "yes" and "no" rating page. This is important for the scorer to learn to look at writing critically and for the writer to use constructive criticism to make informed decisions whether or not to make changes to their writing.
- A 5 trait writing rubric is included for formal scoring. It is recommended that students learn to self-score using this rubric, so they know how to work to improve their writing. Self-scoring when used side-by-side with a teacher scoring rubric also allows students to critically examine their work. When viewing the two rubrics together, students can look for similarities and differences in perceived strengths and weaknesses in their writing.
- 20 Opinion Writing Prompts - Included in the Bundle
- 20 Journal Writing Prompts - Included in the Bundle
- 20 Narrative Writing Prompts - Included in the Bundle
- 60 Narrative, Journal, Opinion Writing Prompts BUNDLE
- Pre-Write Pages
- Writing Center for the Year: 220 Prompts
All rights reserved. The original buyer has permission for single classroom use.