For this project, students will listen to different poems, speeches, and songs. There are nine pages of activities for students that include:
1. An overview of the project that states that students will be finding the powerful words and message in the poems, speech, and/or songs. There are six different project choices for students to choose from.
2. Questions for students to answer about their poem, speech or song.
3. An opinion prompt for students to respond to share with their teacher their opinion about their favorite poem, speech, or song.
4. A Technology Activity for students to make a CD cover.
5. An Arts Integration Activity for students to make artwork about themselves using the style of art based on Howard Finster.
6. A listening and viewing form for students to use when students are presenting their projects on their songs, speeches, or poems.
7. A rubric to use to grade the opinion letter students wrote to their teacher to share their opinion about their song, speech, or poem.
Teachers may email me for Word document of this file once it has been downloaded.
Opinion Writing - Powerful Words Project by Catherine Hayo is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivatives 4.0 International License.
Based on a work at http://www.teacherspayteachers.com/Store/Hayos-Haven.