Also included in
- Do you teach opinion writing in school? Check out these 90 Opinion Writing Prompt Cards for first and second grades. Can be used whole group or thrown in a literacy station!Standards: W.1.1 and W.2.1Other Writing ProductsThank you for checking out my product! JordanTeam J's 2nd Grade FunPrice $4.40Original Price $5.50Save $1.10
- What is your favorite fruit? What is your favorite color? These fun opinion prompts provide students a chance to practice stating their opinion and backing it up with reasons in support of their opinion. This bundle includes the printable and digital version (digital version can be used with GooglePrice $3.50Original Price $5.50Save $2.00
Do your students struggle coming up with opinion writing topics? These opinion writing prompts are perfect to help your writers pick a topic and start writing! Includes a variety of engaging topics so that everyone can find something to write about.
Opinion Writing Prompt Card Examples:
- What is your favorite pet? Give 3 reasons why.
- What is your favorite song? Give 3 reasons why.
- What is your favorite family activity? Give 3 reasons why.
Included in this easy-to-use writing resource:
- 30 writing prompt task cards (color and black and white options)
- 30 journal strip writing prompts
- 2 options for writing response papers
Here are a few ways you can use this resource:
- Literacy Station/Center
- Formative Assessment
- Independent Practice
- Small Group Work
- Whole Group Practice
- Early Finisher Activity
- Writing Warm-Up Activity
Common Core Standards:
W.1.1 - Write opinion pieces in which they introduce the topic or name the book they are writing about, state an opinion, supply a reason for the opinion, and provide some sense of closure.
W.2.1 - Write opinion pieces in which they introduce the topic or book they are writing about, state an opinion, supply reasons that support the opinion, use linking words (e.g., because, and, also) to connect opinion and reasons, and provide a concluding statement or section.
⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ Lindsey says, "I love using these in my classroom! They are in our early finisher bin! I have some students who love to write and this helps them extend their writing into a topic they pick themselves from the ring of cards."
⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ Crystal says, "These prompts gave my students options if they were stuck. I loved having them in my writing center for students to use."
If you are looking for a digital version of these prompts, click HERE.
If you are interested in the bundle of the printable and digital versions at a discounted rate, click HERE.
You might also be interested in:
Thank you for stopping by!
Jordan - Team J's Classroom Fun