Opinion Writing Prompts are a great way to get students motivated to write! Students read printable articles or lists for information and brainstorming their opinion. There is also a link provided where students can read information about the topic on a web-based article. Students then form an opinion and write about it referring back to the text! This assignment is great for homework and centers because all of the information is provided.
For technology uses: The whole resource can be sent to students to use on their tablets or it can be placed on a password protected website for student access. The QR code can be scanned to learn additional information. (Teachers- always check websites because they can change at any time and although I screen the ads for elementary students, they can change at any time.)
MOTIVATE: High interest topics.
EDUCATE: Learn about the topics. Learn how to form an opinion.
DIFFERENTIATE: A variety of line spacing options and checklists. Online vs Printable article.
Each resource includes:
1. A printable passage or list
2. A link and QR code to an online article- another resource.
3. An interactive writing notebook page for student note-taking
4. Student directions (3 versions)
★ With a QR code and link.
★ Without a QR code and link. - used with the printable article.
★ Without name and due date to use in centers.
5. A large QR Code Page including a clickable link.
6. Final copy templates (3 VERSIONS OF LINE SPACING)
7. Opinion Elements Anchor Chart
8. Opinion Hamburger Graphic Organizer
9. Opinion Checklists (Paragraph and Essay)
10. Opinion Rubrics (3 verions)
Buy as a bundle to save! (You actually get one of them for free!)
Thank you for visiting my store!
★★★ GO TO ROCKINRESOURCES.COM TO LEARN MORE ABOUT THE STEP-BY-STEP PROCESS AND HOW I TEACH TO MOTIVATE, EDUCATE, DIFFERENTIATE. DON'T FORGET TO JOIN FOR THE EXCLUSIVE FREEBIE VAULT!
GRAB TEACHING TIPS FROM:
Other Opinion Writing Products:
STEP-BY-STEP WRITING PROGRAMS that motivate reluctant writers AND improve writing by leaps and bounds!