It is time to persuade Santa! …What a great time to learn how to do Opinion Writing and Letter Writing!! Writing to Santa is an easy buy in for your students to start really learning the basics of opinion writing. Christmas is a magical time and kids love asking for gifts, but do they know why they want them. This set contains everything you will need to teach your lesson including full detailed lessons plans.
Here in this unit you will find these tools to help you teach opinion writing letters to Santa…
1. Opinion Story Map - 2 levels of differentiation
2. Santa Writing Project - This is a great keepsake for mom and dad
3. Full Detailed Lesson - These lessons can take anywhere from 1 - 6 days, depending which path you take and how quickly you want to work through it.
4. Color Sheets
5. Christmas and Winter Stationary templates: These templates will be use for actually letters if students want or used for their rough draft writing.
6. The project is a Santa project, but if students do not believe in Santa, there is a Christmas tree version.
7. Student Samples
For a full Opinion Writing Unit check out Special Treat Friday's Full unit.
Opinion Writing Unit
Please take a peek at the preview!