Engage students in a creative time-travel cross-curricular prompt. This ELA/ Social Studies opinion writing activity will draw on your students' synthesizing, creative, and critical thinking skills.
Reasons to ♥ this resource:
♥ ready out-of-the-box. Print and teach
♥ daily lesson plans (perfect sub plan as well!)
♥ guides students through the writing process step-by-step
♥ active revision gets students thinking about themselves as writers
♥ addresses all the CCSS opinion writing requirements
This resource includes:
• Daily lesson plans
• A teacher checklist helps you keep track of each student
• Creative writing prompt
• Step-by-step instruction for all phases of the writing process
• Note-taking resources
• Graphic organizers
• Introductory device practice
• Transition and organization practice and revision
• Help with constructing conclusions
• Active revisions – more than just a checklist
• Exit card or journal prompts to help students reflect on their writing
• Self-assessment for the end of the process
You may also be interested in these resources:
The Cranky Calculator: Math and Expository Writing Raft
Poetry Writing and Analysis: “Hope is the Thing with Feathers”
Love freebies & sales? Follow my store to be the first to learn about new items and bargains!
I read and respond to all feedback, and I love to hear how you use my resources in your classroom. Plus, when you leave feedback you earn TPT credit!
Questions? Just leave me a note in the Q&A below and I'll get right back to you.