This opinion packet is one I am using in my own 4th grade classroom and it is everything you need to get you through the writing process for opinion writing! It is standards-based for my standards-based classroom, so you can feel confident it will work for any school using the CCSS!
1. Activities - using Don't Let the Pigeon Drive the Bus and writing opinion-minis
2. Planning - for students to plan out their chosen opinion piece
3. Drafting paper - that students cut out so they work on each section independently and THEN put in the order they think is best
4. Publishing paper - three different styles for students who will handwrite their final paper
5. Rubrics - aligned to the CCSS for opinion writing for grades 3, 4, and 5
6. Persuasive variations on activities - to help your students understand the difference between opinion and persuasive writing!