Also included in
- This 2nd grade Writing Bundle is perfect for your 2nd Grade classroom. This unit includes Narrative Writing, Opinion Writing, and Informational Writing or Non-Fiction Writing and will save you hundreds of hours of preparation time because it is Step by Step, differentiated, and very little prep. The$49.95$73.50Save $23.55
- This 1st grade Writing Bundle is perfect for your 1st Grade classroom. This unit includes Narrative Writing, Opinion Writing, and Informational Writing or Non-Fiction Writing and will save you hundreds of hours of preparation time because it is Step by Step, differentiated, and very little prep. The$47.95$60.25Save $12.30
- Do you struggle to teach your students to write? Many of us weren't taught in college how to teach writing. In this teaching writing course, you will be given the tools and skills to be able to take your students from not writing at all or writing a few sentences to being able to write one to three$79.40$99.25Save $19.85
Teaching Opinion Writing can be a challenge with all the various levels. Using this Opinion Writing unit will calm your nerves and you and your students will be all set to succeed in writing.
This writing unit is completely laid out for the teacher and guides you step by step through the teaching process. It makes writing fun, engaging and interactive.
It will save you hours of planning your writing daily, because it is all done for you.
It is a PRINT AND GO unit.
SAVE MONEY AND PURCHASE THIS IN OUR WRITING CURRICULUM!
This is a STEP BY STEP process that has worked in numerous classrooms across the globe and is very effective. It is all common core aligned if you teach that way. Your students will learn to write more and expand their reasons in their Opinion Writing. It also follows the Writer's Workshop format.
This unit will help students start at the beginning of the writing process and will take them to the next level. Your students can start at any level and the lessons are already included, it will grow with your students. It has been differentiated for the various needs in your classroom. There are various differentiated graphic organizers and story maps that are included.
By the end of the unit your students will have experience in expanding their reasons and adding important details. You will be able to take your student from writing just a few sentences to writing 8 or more. This will transform into numerous Opinion Writing Pieces that will prepare the student for a writing benchmark.
“My advanced 1st graders have succeeded with the advanced template and their writing looks like a 2nd grader! They can’t believe how much they wrote.” Buyer
"Makes opinion writing easy and friendly for students." Buyer
"This walked me through every step! Thank you!" Kathryn
- All you need to teach Opinion Writing
- 130 Usable Pages
- 12 Weeks of Detailed Step by Step Lesson Plans - Even a Substitute could follow these plans
- Teacher Tips
- Mini Lessons
- All pages have Print Friendly Options
- Full Color Files
- Fact and Opinion Activities
- Fact-Based Opinion Writing Activities
- Expanding Reasons Activities
- How to write simple opinions
- How to go from simple to more detailed opinions
- Book and Character Opinion Writing with Comparisons
- Opinion Writing Templates
- Graphic Organizers
- Opinion Writing Prompts (At least 45 including ideas for Science & Social Studies)
- Differentiation on lessons and story maps
- Answer Keys
- Editing Lessons and Editing Sheets
- Several Rubric Styles
- Anchor Charts
- And More!
You may also be interested in my Narrative Writing Unit. We have a 1st Grade and 2nd Grade Unit.
Don’t forget that leaving feedback earns you points toward FREE TPT purchases. I love FEEDBACK!
As always, please contact me with any questions.
Thank you so much,
Special Treat Friday, Heather McKinsey