Opinion Reading and Writing Unit: Grade 2...40 Lessons with CCSS!!
A supplemental resource is available for this Opinion unit as well. It includes 51 pages of printable assessments, graphic organizers, and rubrics to use specifically with the descriptive lessons found in this unit! Click the link to view this resource.
Supplemental Resources for Opinion
You can also purchase this unit, along with 7 other units, by clicking the link below. Purchasing the bundle is like buying two units for free!
Grade 2 Unit of Study Bundle
This 103 page unit covers grade 2 reading and writing skills related to opinions. A Common Core State Standard is attached to every lesson! It also includes:
* 20 reading workshop mini lessons, details, and chart examples linked to the Common Core State Standards for Grade 2.
* 20 writing workshop mini lessons, details, and chart examples linked to the Common Core State Standards for Grade 2.
* 40 printable mini lesson statements.
* A list of 20 interactive read aloud opinion fiction and nonfiction picture books with one book linked to every reading lesson.
* A detailed description of the reading and writing workshops.
* A detailed description of interactive read-alouds and how to use them with the lessons.
* Printable tabs for reader's and writer's notebooks.
* Directions on how to set up reader's and writer's notebooks.
* Printable record of reading form for students.
* Printable reading conference observation form for teachers.
* Printable writing conference observation form for teachers.
* Printable reading log sheet for students.
* Printable book talk planning form for students.
*************** PLEASE NOTE *************** This Unit has the same mini lessons as the grades 3, 4, 5, and 6 opinion units. The only difference is that the grade 2 Common Core State Standards are attached to this unit.
***Please be sure to read the description carefully and download the free preview before purchasing.
Also, the links below for other grade 2 units of study.
Launching the Reading and Writing Workshops
Poetry and Figurative Language
Copyright © 2014 Jen Bengel
All rights reserved by author.
Permission to copy for single classroom use only.
Electronic distribution limited to single classroom use only.
Not for public display.