Opinion and Persuasive Writing Unit
What educators are saying
Also included in
- This resource is intended to engage your students in the creative writing process. Include in this extensive creative writing bundle are 25 writing/language resources: - Persuasive Writing Activity (Top Seller!) - 20 Persuasive Writing Task Cards - Persuasive Writing Task Cards - 12 Poetry TaskPrice $50.00Original Price $80.25Save $30.25
Do your upper elementary students struggle with opinion and persuasive writing? This persuasive and opinion writing unit will give you the tools necessary to successfully teach this topic in your classroom. Rubrics, planning sheets, and handouts will help guide you through the process.
Included in this 40-Page Resource:
- Teacher Tips & Lesson Plan Handout (3-pages)
- Persuasive Writing Student Handout (4-pages)
- Persuasive Writing Teacher Example (4-pages)
- Business and Friendly Letter Examples (2-pages)
- Business and Friendly Letter Templates (2-pages)
- Business and Friendly Letter Formats (1-page)
- Compare/Contrast Venn Diagram (1-page)
- Compare/Contrast Venn Diagram Answer Key (1-page)
- Revising/Editing Checklist Business Letter (1-page)
- Revising/Editing Checklist Friendly Letter (1-page)
- Grading Rubric with CCSS Component (1-page)
Big Hit Movie Optional Activity
- Big Hit Movie Teacher Tips (2-pages)
- Big Hit Movie Student Handout (1-page; color)
- Big Hit Movie Student Handout (1-page; b & w)
- Big Hit Movie Directions (1-page; color)
- Big Hit Movie Directions (1-page; b & w)
- Example Big Hit Movie Letter (1-page)
- Big Hit Movie Student Handout (2-pages)
- Big Hit Movie Student Example (2-pages)
- Big Hit Movie Letter Student Activity (1-page)
- Big Hit Movie Letter Answer Key (1-page)
- Big Hit Movie Ticket Stub (2-pages; 2 templates)
- Big Hit Movie Rubric (1-page)
Silly, Short Story Optional Activity
- Silly, Short Story Teacher Tips handout (3-pages)
- Silly, Short Story Student Handout (1-page)
- Silly, Short Story Examples (4-pages; 8 examples)
- Silly, Short Story Grading Rubric (1-page)
We hope your students enjoy this as much as our students have!
Download our preview for more details!!
TEACHERS LIKE YOU SAID...
⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐Jamie M: This resource really breaks down concepts in a fun and engaging manner for a range of learning styles. The students and I enjoyed activities in this pack. Thanks so much!
⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐Megan R: This was a great resource for my 5th grade persuasive writing unit. The students were engaged and enjoyed composing persuasive pieces. I liked that it included teacher tips, and that it gives step by step directions for students.
⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐Teagan B: Saved me time and allowed the students step-by-step worksheets on how to write persuasively. Thanks for a great resource!
Be the first to know about discounts, freebies and new resources!
- Click the green star to get email notifications about new resources and sales.
- Join our newsletter.
- Find our blog – Creativity in the Modern Classroom or follow us on Facebook.
Copyright © Wise Guys
All rights reserved by author.
Permission to copy for single classroom use only.
Not for public display.
Please purchase additional licenses if you intend to share this product.