Compressed Zip File
Be sure that you have an application to open this file type before downloading and/or purchasing.
Effectively teach your students the concepts of scarcity, opportunity costs, and economic interdependence with this engaging resource. Students do a close read of an original informational text before applying their knowledge to identify the opportunity costs, explaining how our choices affect others, and conducting a simple cost-benefit analysis.
Included in this product:
• Lesson Overview (included in PREVIEW)
• 5-Day Lesson Outline (included in PREVIEW)
• “I Can” Learning Goal Chart (color and grayscale version)
• Essential Question Chart (color and grayscale version)
• Power Word Posters – scarcity, opportunity cost
• Power Word Teacher Pages
• Content-rich Informational Text
• Informational Text Teacher’s Guide
• PowerPoint Version of Informational Text (flattened)
• Nonfiction Text Graphic Organizer
• Reading Strategies Questions
• Counting the Opportunity Cost Printable and Key
• Cloze (scaffolded) Notes for informational text and Key
• “I Am…Who Needs” economic game
• 3D Graphic Organizer (foldable) and Key
• Decision Time Printable and Key
• Quick Quiz and Key
• Critical Thinking Prompt for Interactive Notebooks
Here is some of the great feedback buyers have said about this resource:
• "This product was great for introducing and extending my students learning with opportunity costs. I really like that it included vocabulary. Thank you!"
• "Great material! Very easy to modify and make relevant to older classes (I teach HS seniors). The explanations are simple and thorough and the materials are very nicely put together. Thank you!"
• "This is a fun "I have, who has" activity that allows the students to see and understand how members of the community work together and rely on one another."
The 3D graphic organizer (foldable) will fit within the pages of a standard composition notebook. However, the lesson is designed so that it can also be used without such notebooks.
I completed this lesson with my students over a 5-day week. However, the lesson can easily be modified to suit your schedule and students’ needs – just use those activities/pages that fit the time you have to teach this subject.
Some external links in this resource may require Adobe Flash to work properly. Please make sure you have this software installed and updated on your computer.
You will receive a .zip file containing a PDF and one PowerPoint. Please make sure you unzip/extract all items to use them.
- Use this product for your own classroom and your own students
- Share the files digitally only with your students
- Upload to Google Classroom™️ to use with the students in your classroom
You May Not:
- Share these files with anyone other than your students
- Upload any part of these files to a website for others to download or store on a page where others will have access
- Store any part of this product on a shared drive
- Use any part of this resource, including graphics, to create any type of resource (free or paid)
- Links MAY NOT be placed on a school webpage that is not password protected
Need more? Check out these Economics lessons:
⭐ Please consider leaving a comment below, which earns you credit towards future TpT purchases.
⭐ Click the FOLLOW button and be notified when new resources are published.
Happy Teaching ~ The Reflective Educator! ☺