With this great partner/group activity, students will use task cards and identify synonyms & antonyms. Product comes with:
- 70 synonym/antonym task cards for advanced or higher-level learners
- 60 synonym/antonym task cards for basic or lower-level learners
- 2 worksheets to further assess student understanding where students fill out a thinking map by coming up with an antonym to the given word as well as filling out 3 nursery rhymes by choosing the opposite given word. This is for basic or lower-level learners.
- 2 worksheets to further assess student understanding where students fill out a thinking map by coming up with an antonym to the given word as well as coming up with their own examples of synonyms and antonyms. This is for advanced or higher-level learners.
- Suggested implementation notes.
**While these task cards are more for identifying opposite words, students can be encouraged to identify the relationships among the words, both opposite and the same**
I hope you and your class enjoy this activity! If you have any questions, please let me know!
Other EOG Resources!
- Subjective and Objective Task Cards
- Subject & Predicate Task Cards
- Practice: Making Inferences
- EOG Practice and Review Activity Packet