Target common opposites knowledge to extend your student's vocabulary. The 3 activities included are ordered in a way that encourages a deeper knowledge of 14 opposing concepts as the child progresses through the notebook. These no-prep digital interactive notebook can be used in Google Slides or PowerPoint. All included activities are 'drag and drop' so they are achievable for many age groups.
ALSO INCLUDES SOME FREE PICTURE CARDS THAT MATCH THE CONCEPTS TARGETED IN THIS ACTIVITY.
This is a bundle of 3 of my digital interactive task card sets. If you only require 1 of the activities, the 3 activities can be purchased separately here:
• Level 1 here
• Level 2 here
• Level 3 here
Who could use this product?
This product could be useful for all teachers (including those in special education) and Speech Language Pathologists. The formatting has the intention to be visually appealing to all ages, while not being ‘cute’ or visually busy. This makes it great to use with older students in special education settings.
Previewing the Product:
Download the PDF preview to see how the slides look. To see the activity in action, check out this video
Activity Question Structure Examples:
MATCH THE OPPOSITES:
• 1 picture with label shown and a blank box for its pair.
• Choice of 3 other pictures with labels, one of which pairs with the target picture.
• Visual cue included - the border colors match on the 2 correct pictures.
UNDERSTANDING OPPOSING CONCEPTS – This activity extends the child’s understanding of the common opposites.
• 2 pictures are presented depicting 2 opposing concepts e.g. a big tiger and a small mouse.
• 2 symbols with labels are also presented that represent the 2 concepts. E.g. ‘big’ and ‘small’.
• The student drags the correct concept label to the corresponding picture.
* 13 concepts are targeted here. 'Good vs. bad' was difficult to saliently represent with pictures so was skipped for this activity.
USING COMMON OPPOSITES IN A SENTENCE – This further extends the child’s common opposite knowledge as they use reasoning skills to create sentences with the targeted concepts.
• A sentence is presented that has 2 blank spaces.
• The child uses shape markers to identify which 2 opposite words best fill the blanks.
For a visual representation of these tasks, please see the preview provided in this listing.
Opposing Concepts Targeted:
• big & small
• happy & sad
• open & shut
• boy & girl
• alive & dead
• heavy & light
• black & white
• short & tall
• top & bottom
• fat & thin
• sunny & rainy
• new & old
• good & bad
• healthy & sick
• Class/group activity with this projected from a device/laptop. Students take turns to drag and drop.
• Work station activity for individual work.
• Assess opposite knowledge.
• Allow appropriate access (while complying with the TOU) so students could complete (some or all) of the notebook for homework.
• SLP use 1:1 or send home for homework (while complying with the TOU).
• My students enjoy exporting the notebook as a video when finished.
Semantic Features Digital Interactive Notebook - Categories, Location & Function:
Target category knowledge, function and loction.
Editable Board Game Templates:
Make any learning experience fun with these editable board game templates. Includes boards where you can easily add your own pictures or written questions/targets.
Tips For Customers:
Click the *star* above to follow my store.
If you enjoy this product, please leave positive feedback to gain credits for future purchases!
to connect with me on Facebook
to connect with me on Instagram
to connect with me on Pinterest
If you have any questions or problems, please contact me through the Q & A section. Emails are also welcome at email@example.com