This is an optical illusion activity for middle and high school students. There are 13 photos/images to show your students. Your students should answer the following questions after each image:
1. How many black dots do you see?
2. Are the horizontal lines parallel or do they slope?
3. How many legs does this elephant have?
4. Keep staring at the black dot. After a while the gray haze around it will appear to shrink. Did it shrink for you?
5. Is this a man playing a horn or woman in sillhouette?
6. Is this a rabbit or a duck?
7. Look at the chart and say the Color not the word
8. Is this a woman in vanity or a skull?
9. Is this a face of a Native American or an Eskimo?
10. Is this an old woman or a young girl?
11. Do you see two faces or one?
12. Is the book looking towards you or away from you?
Check out the Perception Power Point that goes along with this activity:
AP Psychology Perception Power Point