This 130+ page unit includes everything that you will need to teach your students about light and optics. This unit covers the properties of visible light, laws of reflection and their uses, convex and concave reflections, refraction, lenses, colour, optical technologies, and the non-visible parts of the electromagnetic spectrum.
Specific Lessons Include:
• Identifying and describing properties of visible light
• Describing the laws of reflection of visible light and their applications in everyday life
• Describing qualitatively how visible light is refracted
• Describing different types of electromagnetic radiation, including infrared, ultraviolet, X-rays, microwaves, and radio waves
• Comparing properties of visible light to the properties of other types of electromagnetic radiation, including infrared, ultraviolet, X-rays, microwaves, and radio waves
Included in this unit plan are:
~ Detailed Lesson plans with extra background information
~ 65 page presentation (for projectors, overheads, Interactive Whiteboards, etc…) that matches the lesson plans and student notes
~ Printable student notes in a cloze style (key included) great with interactive notebooks
~ 5 Inquiry based investigations (labs): plane reflection, concave and convex reflections, 2 refraction activities, colour filters~ Fold up activity
~ Partner and small group discussion activities
~ Research project outline including marking rubric (Optical technology)
~ Unit review station activities
~ ~ Cumulative assessment with leveled questions from basic, mid-range to high (Key included)
~Unit assessment tracking form
~“I can…” statement posters
~ Word Wall Vocabulary Posters (12 terms)
~Links to suggested videos to support learning
If you have to teach your students about light and optics, this is all you need! All of the components work together and the instructions for using all of the parts of the unit are within the lesson plans.
Don't forget to check out my other great products!