Oral Narrative Retell
Also included in
- Have you ever struggled to create pragmatic language activities for a speech therapy, social skills, or Autism group? Many of us have developed our social communication abilities without much thought, which can make breaking down these complicated skills into easy to understand steps, challenging. WPrice $83.41Original Price $119.15Save $35.74
- Many of us have developed our social language abilities without much thought, which can make breaking down these complicated skills into easy to understand steps quite challenging. The activities in this bundle use a methodical approach to teach and evaluate common areas of social language deficits,Price $19.60Original Price $28.00Save $8.40
- Have you ever wondered where to begin teaching a pragmatic language skill? Or once you started, did you wonder how to teach that skill strategically? With this social communication bundle you won't feel like that any more! This bundle of social skills activities strategically guides you through thePrice $30.98Original Price $44.00Save $13.02
There has been a lot of research coming out in the past few years indicating the importance of working on oral narrative and story telling skills to help develop other language skills. Targeting these skills improves writing abilities and other areas of language such as grammar, vocabulary, and pragmatics. This interactive notebook uses evidence based strategies in a step by step, scaffolded hierarchy to help students practice telling stories.
Skills This Resource Targets:
- Sequencing: Students sequence each story that they retell or create
- Story Elements: Students identify the characters, setting, problem, and solution for each story they retell or create
- Main Idea: Students practice identifying the main ideas of stories
- Inferencing: Students practice making inferences to the emotional states of characters
- Personal Connections: Students practice making connections from fictional stories to their own lives
- Tier 2 Vocabulary: Students learn pre-determined Tier 2 Vocabulary words
- Retelling Stories: Students practice retelling stories
- Creating Stories: Students practice creating fictional stories when given a prompt
This Resource Contains:
- Strategies to Improve Narrative Skills: A list of evidence based strategies you can refer to when practicing narratives.
- Improving Narrative Skills Using Books: A list of evidence based strategies you can refer to when using books to target narrative skills.
- Learning the Vocabulary: With this activity, students learn the following vocabulary words: character, setting, problem, solution, and main idea.
- Retelling Stories with Familiar Routines: In these activities, students retell a story that sequences routines from daily life. There are 5 routine based stories.
- Retelling Stories from Personal Experiences: Students are given a prompt and must retell a story from their past experiences. 5 prompts are included.
- Retelling Fictional Stories: Students retell fictional stories. 3 fairy tale prompts are provided. A blank outline is also provided that can be used to help students retell any book or story.
- Creating Fictional Stories: Students create a fictional story when given a prompt. Students are given 5 prompts and a blank outline that can be used with any prompt.
How to Create the Interactive Notebook:
- Read all the assembly instructions carefully
- Look at the sample pictures of the assembled pages
- Print out the activity page(s) for the skill you are targeting
- Follow the directions and assemble the notebook
- Practice retelling the stories from previous sessions
You Will Need:
- A notebook
- The printed activity pages
I would love it if you would take a second and follow my store! All new resources are 50% off for the first 24 hours, so you can save money by following me!
You might also enjoy these similar resources!
- How to Make a Friend
- One Page Vocabulary Worksheets (Prefixes)
- Vocalic R Activity Bundle
- Articulation Reading Passages
Click to Connect
Thank you so much,
Jessica, The Gift of Gab