Have a student experiencing voice, nasality, or resonance issues? This activity is perfect for you! I designed this specifically to work with my students with cul de sac resonance.
This 28 page product includes:
- OVERVIEW OF ANATOMICAL FEATURES
-outlined description of resonators, articulators, and breath
support/respiration needed for speech.
- labeled diagram highlighting key anatomical features
- blank diagrams to display in room or use to assess understanding
- Test format review of anatomical structures to check understanding
- IDENTIFICATION OF APPROPRIATE AND INAPPROPRIATE NASAL RESONANCE
- Short clips using an "instagram" format
- Clips must be viewed using PowerPoint
- Thumbs up/Thumbs down & smiley face/poop emoji displays for students to indicate whether or not the individual in the video was demonstrating good resonance.
- Quiz format-- indicate good/bad resonance by circling corresponding emoji. Also allows space for student to take notes on each video.
- RESONANCE EXERCISES
- M one and two syllable word cards
- M & Nasal intense phrase and sentences presented in a "text message" and "twitter" format using a smart phone screen. These resources may be printed or projected.
- Open & tense vowel word and phrase cards
- Open and tense vowel phrases have also been presented for your student in a “snapchat” filter format. Feel free to print or project this resource for students to practice.