Also included in
- Grade 7 Full Year Middle School English Language Arts Lesson Bundle 1 | PDF & Digital: Teachers do not spend your weeknights and weekends planning out your Grade 7 Language Arts program. This all in one full year middle school English Language Arts lesson bundle is a ready-to-go ELA program. ThPrice $269.99Original Price $330.07Save $60.08
- Grade 8 Full Year Middle School English Language Arts Lesson Bundle 2 | PDF & Digital: Teachers do not spend your weeknights and weekends planning out your Grade 8 Language Arts program. This all in one full year middle school English Language Arts lesson bundle is a ready-to-go ELA program. ThPrice $284.99Original Price $348.81Save $63.82
Oral Presentations and Public Speaking Bundle: Get your students excited about oral presentations! Teaching students how to create an engaging oral presentation is an important life skill. Students will practice their oral presentation skills for these assignments: Current Events News Assignment, Hot Topics Debate Assignment, Book Talks, and a Rant Writing Unit.
- Detailed Lesson Plans
- 4 Assignments
- Graphic Organizers
- 100% Student Choice
- Assessment Rubrics
- Individual PDFs
- Google Slides Format
Current Events News Assignment: In this activity, students examine online or print news sources to report on a current event for their class. This can be used with any non-fiction new article or text.
Hot Topics Class Debate Assignment: This Hot Topics assignment can be used with any type of non-fiction text, news broadcast, documentary, or video on any topic in the content areas of Science, Math, History, Geography, World News. A lesson plan is provided explaining how to use this strategy in guided practice - modelled, shared, and independent.
Book Talk Assignment: In this Book Talk presentation assignment, students review their book for the class. Students are provided with several presentation ideas on how to creatively review their novel for the class.
Rant Writing Unit: Students rant to each other daily, why not channel that creative energy into some high-quality writing? Rants are an engaging way to get students to write and share their thoughts and opinions in the classroom.
- "This is a great value! I always find it difficult to assess the oral language expectations from the curriculum but now that I have this bundle, I will have an assignment for each term that I can use to report on. I love the variety of presentations. Also, the inclusion of success criteria and graphic organizers for each assignment is awesome!"
- "I love all of your resources! I'm so excited about this one though because I find I struggle with finding meaningful oral communication projects. Often I just tell them to talk about something they like or their favourite movie etc.. so this is going to be an awesome addition to my resource bank!"
- “I love the ideas here! And, as usual, everything is beautifully presented and well laid out. Thank you!”
- "A valuable resource for any teacher starting out in teaching debating in a classroom environment. Thank you for your hard work, your resource is wonderful!"
- "The Oral Communication strand is always to most difficult for me. These are great new ideas presented in an organized manner that are exciting and engaging for students."
- "This is a fantastic resource to help students develop their oral language skills. There is a lot of choice provided for students, and since they are able to choose topics that are meaningful to them this is an engaging resource."