Orbit and Gravity – A Fifth Grade PowerPoint Introduction is a PowerPoint 5th grade level instructional presentation
It includes a PowerPoint presentation of the text along with two slides that are also available in PDF format to print and issue as classwork, homework, or attach/incorporate into an interactive notebook. Students can also complete the activities during the presentation as reinforcement for the presentation.
The presentation includes:
• Introductory terminology (gravity, orbit, inertia, ellipse, and tide)
• Factors influencing gravity
• Distance and the effect on gravity
• Orbit, gravity, and inertia
• Low and high tide
• Spring and neap tides and their relationship to Moon position
The last slides are white-background and used for the printables. The printables are already in PDF form in the package. The white-background pages are not included in the total pages. I include them in case you would like to change any of the data and recreate the printables.
• The first activity is a labeling/matching activity where students match descriptions with vocabulary/pictures. Included vocabulary: Orbit, gravity, weight, ellipse, tide, inertia, high tide, low tide, spring tides, and neap tides.
• The second activity is a labeling activity. Moon positions along with tide identifications. Vocabulary includes: Sun, neap tides, spring tides, first quarter moon, full moon, new moon, and third quarter moon.