Orbit and Gravity – A Fifth Grade SMARTBoard Introduction is a SMARTBoard 5th grade level instructional presentation
It includes a SMARTBoard presentation of the text along with two fully interactive presentation slides that are also available in PDF format to print and issue as classwork, homework, or attach/incorporate into an interactive notebook. Students can also complete the activities during the presentation as reinforcement for the presentation.
The presentation includes:
• Introductory terminology (gravity, orbit, inertia, ellipse, and tide)
• Factors influencing gravity
• Distance and the effect on gravity
• Orbit, gravity, and inertia
• Low and high tide
• Spring and neap tides and their relationship to Moon position
The last slides are white-background and used for the printables. The printables are already in PDF form in the package. The white-background pages are not included in the total pages. I include them in case you would like to change any of the data and recreate the printables.
The interactive/review slide and printable:
• The first activity is a labeling/matching activity where students match descriptions with vocabulary/pictures. Included vocabulary: Orbit, gravity, weight, ellipse, tide, inertia, high tide, low tide, spring tides, and neap tides.
• The second activity is a labeling activity. Moon positions along with tide identifications. Vocabulary includes: Sun, neap tides, spring tides, first quarter moon, full moon, new moon, and third quarter moon.
SMARTBoard presentations require the use of Notebook Software. They are not compatible with Promethean Active Inspire software. There are free SMARTBoard viewers online, however.
If you are not satisfied or find a way I can improve on the product, let me know and I will send you the corrections via email (if you find errors). Thank you for your interest and take a look at my other products/follow me on TpT. Mike