Are you looking for a reading passage that you can use within your opinion writing unit? This reading passage argues that orcas should not be called killer whales and gives several reasons to back up the argument.
Here is what you get:
- 3 versions of the reading passage for easy differentiation
- an activity for activating schema through a photograph
- vocabulary page (one with definitions and one without)
- reading questions
- graphic organizer for main idea and key details
- diagram of orca anatomy with a fill in the blanks activity
- writing plan page based on the reading passage
- a list of children's books on the topic of orcas
The reading passage set is designed to be completed throughout an entire week of reading instruction.
See the preview for a video that shows every page in the product.
All answer keys are included.
You may also be interested in:
Blackbeard: Reading Passage Set
Hadean Eon: Reading Passage Set
Layers of the Earth: Reading Passage