"PEMDAS" / Order of Operations: "doodle notes" -
This set does NOT include negative numbers. A "GEMDAS" version is also included for those who prefer that acronym.
*This resource is also available as part of a DISCOUNTED bundle:
Expressions & Equations Bundle
When students color or doodle in math class, it activates both hemispheres of the brain at the same time. There are proven benefits of this cross-lateral brain activity:
- new learning
- relaxation (less math anxiety)
- visual connections
- better memory & retention of the content!
Students fill in the sheets, answer the questions, and color, doodle or embellish. Then, they can use it as a study guide later on.
- concept behind using the correct order of operations for expressions
- a more effective new acronym for remembering PEMDAS in a way that emphasizes that multiplication and division happen TOGETHER from left to right (same for adding and subtracting)
- visual memory triggers for the analogy
- example and practice identifying operations
- different types of grouping symbols
- how to show work step-by-step vertically
- practice and examples
Check out the preview for more detail about this item and the research behind it.
You might also like:
Middle School Pre-Algebra Super Bundle
Consumer Math & Personal Finance: Complete Unit
Order of Operations Conquest Game (no negatives)