Your students are trapped in the room with a limited amount of time to make it out! This activity is based on the Panic/Mystery Rooms for adults. The goal is at the end of the tasks the students will have a completed famous phrase.
Students will have 5 different tasks to complete in order to make it out:
1. Decode using Order of Operations to solve for 2 words.
2. Decode by writing out number sentences from words and solving using Order of Operations to solve for 1 word.
3. Solve and/or write number sentences based on words to shade in 1 word using Order of Operations.
4. Solve using Order of Operations on 6 different tangram puzzles that will create 1 word.
5. Solve using Order of Operations for the missing number to make the number sentence true.
This activity can be played Panic or Casual style based on your class. It can also be transformed into station activities.
Students love the challenges of combining math with puzzles. They also love the competition of who will make it out!