Compressed Zip File
Be sure that you have an application to open this file type before downloading and/or purchasing. How to unzip files.
4.02 MB | 25 slides and 8 worksheets pages
Everything you need to introduce, review, and/or extend your students’ ability to solve expressions by using the correct Order of Operations is included in this resource.
A comprehensive 25 slide PowerPoint presentation serves as your introductory lesson and includes:
• Definition of an expression
• Explanation of Order of Operations
• Definition of a mnemonic device
• Several mnemonic device options for PEMDAS
• Correct sequence for Order of Operations
• Several slides with step-by-step instruction for solving expressions using PEMDAS
Also included are (4) worksheets (answer keys included) that target the following skills:
• Worksheet #1: Problems using all operations; no parentheses or exponents
• Worksheet #2: Problems using all operations with parentheses; no exponents
• Worksheet #3: Problems using all operations with parentheses and exponents
• Worksheet #4: Enrichment skillwork with problems using all operations with parentheses and exponents
As special education teachers, working across grade levels and ability levels is nothing new, as we differentiate on a daily basis. That’s why the worksheets target skills sequentially. Depending on student ability, worksheets are appropriate for special education students in grades 3 -5. For general education teachers, this resource would be used to introduce the topic and work through all worksheets provided as part of your instruction on Order of Operations.
Be sure to download the preview for a sample worksheet. Thank you for taking a look at our Order of Operations resource.
PLEASE NOTE: This PowerPoint was created using the font "A Safe Place to Fall." You can download that font for free from the website
( www.dafont.com/a-safe-place-to-fall.font ). Correct spacing, alignment, and formatting of this presentation very much depends on using this font.