*Zip file contains pdf version (for easy printing), Word file (for any editing you would like to do), and pdf of the key/notes
Worksheet to be used as a review of the order of operations. Designed with the first unit of an Algebra I course in mind. Contains several parts. Here are some of my suggestions on how it could be used in YOUR classroom:
1. Hand out the first page ONLY (so that students are not given any "hints" as to where this is going). Discuss the "quick vocabulary review" as a class, and fill in the blanks.
2. Have students complete the rest of the first page on their own as a brief formative assessment.
3. Hand students the second and third pages. Discuss responses on the first page as a class, allowing students time to reflect in the "How did you do?" section of page two.
4. Use this discussion to guide your notes/example portion of page two.
5. Allow students to work alone or in small groups/partners to complete the eight practice problems provided.
6. Discuss answers to the practice problems OR have students turn in work so that personalized feedback can be given.
Answers to practice problems: