This product is a sample of a larger project I want to complete. It's designed to combine all the information that the state of Virginia has released for each Math 7 and Math 8 standard into one document. This document contains all of the following about 8.1a --
1. What the standard is
2. What the blueprint says
3. All information regarding the standard from the framework
4. Student-friendly learning targets based on the framework and released test information
5. A Big Idea suggestion (based on the Understanding by Design curriculum)
6. Important vocabulary
7. Background knowledge from SOLs in the lower grades
8. Future SOLs that this relates to
9. Released test and practice items, including questions from the state's performance analysis (all years)
10. Fast Five pre-assessment (idea from Dan Mulligan)
11. Possible first-teach strategies
12. Games/activities to use
13. Three, leveled exit passes with answer keys (basic, medium, and advanced levels)
14. Notes from the editor based on my experience teaching this topic
I envision this project, once it's complete, to drive the curriculum and unit discussions when teachers meet for planning. I hope it lends insight into where your students might be, where they should be, and where they're going. It can also benefit an entire district by guiding vertical discussions of topics and how to align our teaching through all the grade levels. I believe that new teachers could find this resource very helpful, too.
I'm offering this item for free because I really want your feedback on it.
Do you like it?
Would you want to see a document like this for all the Math 8 SOLs?
Is there something you would like added?
I also have available, for free, a shortened version of this document that just has 1-9 of the list above. You can find it here (https://www.teacherspayteachers.com/Product/Order-of-Operations-SOL-Breakdown-2455854).
I hope you like this idea as much as I do!