This set includes 14 cards for a scavenger hunt.
Level 2 has 4 operations in each expression
-includes nested parentheses
-exponents (squared and cubed)
-division represented with the division symbol
- Each page has two task cards. Cut apart and distribute around the room. Each card is labeled with a letter. I post mine in alphabetical order so if a student needs to back-track because of a mistake, it is easier to find the card they were just working on.
- Split students into groups or have them work individually moving from station to station solving each problem.
- Students can start at any station. (Have students spread out at many stations to begin to avoid a traffic jam.) After they solve the problem, they look for their answer on another card. That card becomes the next station.
- If they are solving correctly, they should complete the circuit and end up at the original station.
- Student work pages included for students to show their work.
Too Challenging for your students? Try this product:
Order of Operations Level 1