Assignment geared towards middle school math students.
Practice with order of operations includes:
Going left to right with multiplication and division
Going left to right with addition and subtraction
Additional practice with:
Using fractions as division
1. Hand out worksheet to all students.
2. Instruct students to work in small groups on one card at a time.
3. For every problem the student should highlight the math operation they will work on.
4. When students complete one problem, they need to go check their work on the answer card around the classroom. This will allow them to see if they got it correct or where they messed up.
5. Students return to their seat and complete a new problem.
This assignment will help students…
Collaborate with others
Get immediate feedback
See and correct mistakes
Practice order of operations