The 24 Common Core Math Task Cards deal with operations and algebraic thinking.
* This is challenging! There are exponents included in some of the questions, with some critical thinking and guidance the kiddos will enjoy the challenge.
*Recording Sheet included.
*Answer key is included.
*2 Print options included, color and gray-scale
Suggested use . . .
- Center or Stations
- Scoot (Place a card on each student's desk, allow an
allotted time to solve each questions, say, "Scoot" and play
music until the students are at the next desk).
- Scavenger Hunt ("hide" cards around the room, students
silently look and solve).
- Whole group (place a card under the overhead, students
solve, mix up the order to keep their attention).
- Small group or intervention time (4th graders that need a
challenge or 6th graders that need a review).
- Early Finishers (Place cards in a bucket, early finishers pull
a card and solve on their recording sheet throughout the
- Independent Practice
- Study or Flash cards
- Test Prep
Storing suggestions . . .
- Pencil box
- Business card holder
- Hole punch in upper left corner and keep on ring
This product is best used on grades 4th- 6th.
Recommended use for grade levels
4th grade = above level
5th grade = on level
6th grade = approaching
The product is most aligned with the common core standard 5.oa.1: Use parentheses, brackets, or braces in numerical expressions, and evaluate expressions with these symbols.
There are a handful of questions that most align with the common core standard 5.oa.2: Write simple expressions that record calculations with numbers, and interpret numerical expressions without evaluating them.
Order of Operations Task Cards 5.o a.1 and 5.o a.2
by Melissa Crone
is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivatives 4.0 International License