Also included in
- Looking for a ton of hands-on, place value lessons that are low ink and ready to teach? This BUNDLED set contains all the instructions, reproducibles, and student activity sheets from the three separately sold place value sets (3-5 hands-on activities EACH)1. Hands On Decimal Sequencing2. Hands On$11.60$14.50Save $2.90
The Common Core and other state standards clearly want students to be able to work flexibly with ordering decimals and decimal place value. Sequencing decimals is a part of this understanding. These decimal lessons and activities can help and can get students really talking about math!
Although students also need to be able to move back and forth and convert between fractions (1/10) and decimals (0.1), this is really only part of the concept! Place value and number sense with decimals are key math skills in intermediate grades--and they aren't easy for many students.
- These three "hands-on" activities help build true number sense with decimals.
- Each activity can be done whole class or in small groups.
- Each also has a follow up independent practice activity that can be used as homework, review, or even as a “quick quiz” to check understanding.
- They are designed to be low ink for easy copying!
These 3 activities are geared toward teaching and/or reviewing decimal concepts that reinforce the following:
- Decimals are numbers that let us see “wholes” and “parts” (like fractions)
- We can put decimal numbers in order, just like whole numbers.
- We can estimate with decimals to decide whether they are close to another “benchmark number” such as ½.
- We can use symbols like <, >, and = with decimal numbers.
- We can list decimal numbers that go between two other numbers.
(NOTE: This product is also a part of my place value bundle!
Looking for some additional place value resources?
Number Lines to 120 (Perfect to start the year in grades 3-5 or to use instructionally in grades 1-2)
Number Line Resource BUNDLE of 3 resources (Does not include the number lines to 120 resource)
Looking for more high quality fraction and decimal resources?
Set of 5 Fraction Concept Sorts (All directions are included
Mind Boggling Math: Decimals Edition (Great for fast finishers, for math stations, and more!)
All rights reserved by ©The Teacher Studio. Purchase of this resource entitles the purchaser the right to reproduce the pages in limited quantities for single classroom use only. Duplication for an entire school, an entire school system, or commercial purposes is strictly forbidden without written permission from the author at email@example.com. Additional licenses are available at a reduced price.