Ordering Eggs: A Mini Math Station for Counting On
Do your students struggle with the skill of counting on?
This is a wonderful way for your students to work on this skill using numbers 1-30.
What you will need to implement this station:
1. Purchase 4 eggs from the Dollar Tree (mine sit up and have polka dots on them) Any large plastic egg will work
2. I also purchase a narrow white container that holds these eggs easily.
What is in this packet?
1. I made a label that goes on the front of your container with a mini clothespin... easy!
2. Student directions are provided with an explaination in simple terms
3.Egg cards must be cut up and placed in each container with little number cards.
4. Students can work with a partner to check their understandings which makes it more collaborative.
5. Two student response sheets have also been included which can be used as documentation or as an assessment
"Counting On" is a crucial Common Core standard that students often need to practice in a variety of ways.
So recycle those plastic eggs that you have and make them into mini stations for your young learner to enjoy. I have several others that I will post for Language Arts!
Make learning "egg"-ceptional.