Working Words are instructional activities to help teach young students about different kinds of words when learning to read, write, and spell. This Working Words packet is aligned to the Common Core Standards and differentiated for student abilities.
The motivating activities in this packet help to teach emerging readers about Ordinal Number Words-first to twentieth. Included in this packet are:
1. A description of the ordinal number words with examples and teaching tips
2. An introduction activity
3. A poster to help students remember the rule when reading and writing
4. An original song for fun and reinforcement
5. A full-color book called "Spiders Off to See the World" to introduce and practice the ordinal number words
6. A black line master for small individual student books
7. A game for partners
8. Two worksheets to check for understanding
9. A Read & Draw activity for comprehension
10. A fun group activity for enrichment
The materials in this packet would be great for a literacy center!
Please be sure to check out the other Working Word packets and bundles in my store Enjoy! Sheila