Also included in
- This bundle contains every single American History resources from the Mister Harms store! You're getting every American History resource but saving BIG with a whopping 25% OFF all current resources. Once the bundle is yours, you will then get 100% off all future products added to the bundle! Buying$48.00$64.00Save $16.00
- What's In This Bundle?This bundle contains access to EVERY single paid resource in the Mister Harms store! Save big and go for it! It's EVERYTHING! It's the whole kit and caboodle, the whole enchilada, the whole ball of wax, the whole shebang! Whatever you want to call it, you're going to get it al$159.00$267.25Save $108.25
Students will experience the Oregon Trail in an engaging way by working in wagon teams to safely arrive in Oregon Country. Students will also learn how to budget, plan, and work together as they learn the history of this trail out west!
Oregon Trail here we come! This interactive activity about westward expansion gives students a glimpse of what life was like on the trail and it is definitely #oneofmyfavorites! By rolling dice, keeping track of supplies, and following a map, students will get to learn about this historical event in an enjoyable way. Grouped into wagon trains, students must depend on teamwork to successfully finish the trail. This simulation is a nice complement to your existing Oregon Trail or Westward Expansion unit. It's a game, simulation, and an educational experience all in one. Come travel the Oregon Trail with this student centered lesson. It's the highlight of the year for my students as they talk about this simulation for years to come. Enjoy this engaging way to travel the trail! If you want to learn more about this resource, check out my blog post and how I use this lesson to create a fantastic experience for my students!
Included in this Lesson:
- Full teacher directions to help you facilitate the simulation
- Full student directions
- Mileage chart explaining the distances between each major site
- Map of the original Oregon Trail
- Price list for shopping at the General Store
- Inventory worksheets for students to keep track of supplies, food, etc.
- Full movement guide explaining student outcome based upon the dice being rolled.
- Certificate of accomplishment
- Included Google Drive Version. These pages are editable for your customization.
- And so much more...download the preview to see it all!
Additional Visual Presentation
Teachers have been asking for an additional visual presentation, and now it's here! OREGON TRAIL SIMULATION PRESENTATION: Make sure to check out the BRAND NEW companion PowerPoint presentation to use along side this Oregon Trail simulation - a definite "must-have." Think of this companion presentation as a visual guide through the entire Oregon Trail. The presentation includes over 140 slides of historical pictures of every site, brief informative summaries about each stop, distances to the next place on the trail, emigrant descriptions of various dangers, interactive dice, and so much more. It is loaded with primary source visuals and emigrant descriptions of the trail. No need to scour the internet for images and information on each site. I truly don't know how I traveled the trail before this! Check it out!
Thanks so much for stopping by! It's great to meet you! I hope this resource adds value to your classroom. If you have time, I'd love for you to leave a rating on this product with your awesome feedback, and make sure to follow Mister Harms for important updates and savings! I would also love to see how you've incorporated this product into your classroom! Feel free to post a photo of this resource in action and tag @misterharms so I can meet you!
- "This activity was so much fun and very organized. The students learned a lot." - Margaret - ★★★★★
- "This is such a fun activity! My students loved it!" - Nora - ★★★★★
- "LOVE, LOVE, LOVE it! This product is fantastic! All of the research and labor is done for you...Overall, well worth the money!!!" - 422History - ★★★★★
- "This is a great resource that my students love! I definitely recommend purchasing the Simulation Presentation that goes along with this resource. Both resources together make for an interactive lesson where students learn a wide variety of information about the Oregon Trail." - Elise - ★★★★★
You may also like: