Biochemistry (Organic Compounds)
Use for quiz, homework assignment, or review and reinforcement.
Suitable for biology students in grades 9 - 12.
This document consists of 60 fill in the blank questions and 8 lengthy short answer (short essay) questions on organic compounds.
PLEASE NOTE: This product is included in my Biochemistry Complete Unit Plan Bundle which can be viewed here: Biochemistry Complete Unit Plan Bundle
What topics are covered by this document?
• Carbon Compounds: Definition of organic compound, characteristics of carbon, macromolecules, the four groups of organic compounds, hydrolysis and dehydration reactions.
• Carbohydrates: How to recognize the structure of a carbohydrate, monomers of carbs, examples, main function of carbs in cells, monosaccharides, polysaccharides, starch, glycogen, cellulose.
• Lipids: How to recognize the structure of a lipid, examples of lipids, characteristics of lipids, building blocks of lipids, functions of lipids in cells, saturated and unsaturated fats.
• Nucleic Acids: How to recognize the structure, functions of nucleic acids in cells.
• Proteins: How to recognize the structure of a protein, functions of proteins in cells, building blocks of proteins, levels of protein structure and organization.
• Enzymes: Function of enzymes, characteristics of enzymes, equation for how enzymes work, lock and key hypothesis, active sites.
The level/difficulty of these questions would be appropriate for an advanced Biology I class or a second year Biology class.
You will receive a document that is ready to be copied and passed out to your students. This can be used as a rather long quiz, a test, or as great review for your own test. You will receive both an editable Word document as well as a pdf version.
Related products include:
Biochemistry Powerpoint and Notes
Biology Buzz Words: Biochemistry and The Chemistry of Life
Biochemistry Crossword Puzzle
Biochemistry Study Guide
Set of 2 Biochemistry Jeopardy Review Games
Biochemistry Unit Test
Biochemistry Quizzes Set of Two
Testing for Organic Compounds in Foods
Organic Compounds Mix/Match Game
Lab: Enzymes Common to Both Plants and Animals
Lab: Release of Heat in an Enzymatic Reaction
Lab: How Do Cells Deal with Changes in pH?
Cell Physiology Mega Bundle
For updates and news please follow me at:
My TpT Store
Science Stuff Blog
My Facebook Page
Amy Brown (aka Science Stuff)