Here you will find the complete guide to the Common Core for the major maths topics of your teaching year:
- Base Ten/Place Value
- Arithmetic and Operations
It covers the full range of Common Core Standards from K to 5 (electronically linked too), but instead of setting these out vertically, you can view the curriculum horizontally, colour-coded by grade level and categorised into teachable topics. Ultimately, this means you can see at a glance:
- Not only what you are teaching as a 'grade _' teacher, but also what the students (hopefully) learnt before and what achievement they are heading towards in the next grade level.
- How to cater for lower and higher students within the one specific teaching topic because related standards across grade levels are placed beside each other.
- What the standards mostly focus on at your grade level, as well as the previous and next grade.
This means creating planning documents, resources and assessment rubrics is much quicker because everything is easy to locate, sensibly ordered and colour-coded. Basically, it turns the Common Core into common sense.
You may also like:
- FREE Comprehensive Multiplication Unit
- Place Value Unit with Materials-based, Differentiated Lessons and All Resources
-Full Unit No Prep Narrative Writing Unit Plan of 21 Lessons Based on the 7 Steps
Full Set of Maths Assessments:
- Place Value Assessment
- Addition Assessment
- Subtraction Assessment
- Multiplication Assessment
- Division Assessment
- Fractions/Decimals Assessment