This PDF includes 32 task cards to help students demonstrate mastery on organisms and environments. Student answer sheets and teacher answer key are provided. Ideas on ways to use them in the science classroom are also included.
For students to be successful with utilizing these cards, they should have prior knowledge of the following concepts and/or vocabulary:
- food chains, food webs and energy pyramids
- consumer (heterotroph)
- producer (autotroph)
- impact of introducing an organism to an existing ecosystem or removal of an organism
- amount of energy available at each level of an energy pyramid
- primary consumer, secondary consumer, carnivores, herbivores, omnivores, decomposers, parasite, host, predator, prey
- biotic and abiotic factors
- symbiotic relationships (parasitism, mutualism, commensalism)
- limiting factors
- how human activities, such as artificial reefs, have modified ocean systems
- comparing a food web to a cycle
- effects of short-term and long-term environmental changes
Buy the Bundle and Save! A Whole Watt-a Task Cards includes this set along with 13 others.
Buy the Bundle and receive all future task card set additions, revisions and updates at no additional cost to you!