This product is a color-by-number activity that allows students to complete statements and answer questions related to organisms and the environment. And YES- even secondary students love to color!
Questions/Statements included are:
1) How is the number of species in an ecosystem related to succession?
2) _______ are geographical areas that contain different organisms that are well- suited for that environment.
3) Which of the following contributes most to promoting sustainability in an ecosystem?
4) An example of a typical pioneer species that appears in the earliest stages of ecological succession is -
5) Primary succession takes place in an area where -
6) This biome has rich organic soil, receives 75-125 cm of precipitation a year, and contains elm, maple, & deer species.
7) Some animals have unique features, such as a stinger, claws, or the ability to change colors. These are examples of -
8) A forest is most sustainable when it has -
9) In which biome would you expect to find low growing grasses that can reproduce quickly?
10) Which causes the greatest loss of biodiversity on Earth?
11) ______ succession occurs when there has been a disruption to the land, but the soil and some life are largely intact.
12) Eventually succession reaches a point called the ________ community in which the population of organisms remain stable and exist in balance with each other.
13) Which statement correctly describes a stage in the process shown? (process of succession picture included)
This could be used as a quick assessment, test or quiz review, a homework assignment, extra credit, or for early finishers.
Buy the Bundle and Save! The Color-by-Number Science Bundle includes 22 of my color-by-number products at a 15% discount.
If you like this activity, CHECK OUT MY OTHER COLOR-BY-NUMBER ACTIVITIES BY CLICKING HERE.